Win32/Sabresac [Threat Name] go to Threat
Win32/Sabresac.C [Threat Variant Name]
|Detection created||Sep 21, 2016|
|Signature database version||14158|
Win32/Sabresac.C serves as a backdoor. It can be controlled remotely.
When executed, the trojan copies itself into the following location:
- %programfiles%\Windows ExSoga\winsogaw.exe (363045 B, Win32/Sabresac.C)
The trojan registers itself as a system service using the following name:
The following Registry entries are set:
- "Install" = "%programfiles%\Windows ExSoga\"
- "Version" = "1.1.6"
- "Uid" = "%variable1%"
- "Type" = "White"
- "Sor" = "px7"
- "Type" = 16
- "Start" = 2
- "ErrorControl" = 1
- "ImagePath" = "%programfiles%\Windows ExSoga\winsogaw.exe"
- "DisplayName" = "Tsydm-winex-%variable2%"
- "ObjectName" = "LocalSystem"
A string with variable content is used instead of %variable1%, %d% .
The trojan collects the following information:
- operating system version
- language settings
- installed antivirus software
- volume serial number
The trojan attempts to send gathered information to a remote machine.
The trojan acquires data and commands from a remote computer or the Internet.
The trojan contains a list of (5) URLs. The TCP, HTTP protocol is used in the communication.
It can execute the following operations:
- download files from a remote computer and/or the Internet
- run executable files
- execute shell commands
The trojan creates the following folders:
A string with variable content is used instead of %variable% .